Bottom line, HID headlights provide better visibility than ordinary halogen bulbs. The difference is even more evident during poor driving conditions. A significant percentage of road accidents take place during inclement weather, especially at night. HID lights allow drivers to overcome these conditions by providing up to 3 times more light. Added visibility contributes to driver confidence, which provides for a more relaxed, safer driver.
Remarkably, HID lights are able to provide greater light output with less power consumption. Studies show that a 35 Watt HID lamp produced 3 times as much light compared to a 55-Watt halogen bulb. Also, the 55 Watt halogen bulb uses a continuous power draw of 10-15 amps, while the HID system uses 20 for start-ups but drops to a mere 3 amps during operation. In addition to high output and low power usage, your HID headlight provide a longer service life. Under normal driving conditions, the bulbs will last approximately 4 years (3000 hours). That's up to 4 times as long as an ordinary halogen lamp.
Advantages with HID kits are:
- HID headlight produce 300 % more light output compared to standard halogen bulbs!
- Bluish white light for covering broad road, HID beam covers 3 times more of the road in front of you.
- Long life, HID bulbs has average life of 5-10 years which is more than a regular bulb!
- More efficient, xenon kits consume very less electricity which makes it more proficient.
- HID kits and xenon conversion kits are Easy to use and install.
- HID kits and xenon conversion kits give luxury looks.
Listed here are just a few of the most popular model numbers. Come into Monroe's for your HID lightkit, and our knowledgeable sales team will make sure you get exactly the right one for your vehicle.
9007 HI/LO COMPLETE GERMAN ENGINEERED HID CONVERSION KIT